Fishers of Men Palanca/Agape Idea
- 42 White postcards (office depot, office max, or Avery)
- Blue Cardstock
- Yellow Cardstock
- Hot Glue
- 42 small fish hooks
- 42 small sinkers/weights
- 42 small bobbers (opt.)
- Fishing line
- Big Safety Pin
Set up a template using Avery:
- Google Avery postcard template
- Click on Avery postcard link
- Click Templates & Software tab on blue bar
- Choose Avery Design & Print Online
- Choose Cards from menu
- Choose postcards from menu on the left (8)
- Choose the postcard TALL (4 cards horizontal)
- Choose the blank one
- Use the tool bar to place the font of your choice on the card. Type the message “Come Follow Me and I will make you Fishers of Men” or the saying of your choice and it will print on all four cards of the sheet. Print off the number of sheets to have the number of cards you need.
It is recommended that the postcards get separated after the text is printed and each card is completed separately because the following pieces are easier to apply that way.
Next, cut blue card stock into 4 ¼ pieces with a straight edge on the bottom and wavy on the top (to give a water look) and glue it onto the bottom of the postcard length-wise with the straight edge even with the bottom of the post card.
Cut a circle out of yellow cardstock to use as a sun up in the upper left hand side above the font in the center.
Punch a small hole in the upper right hand side of the card across from the sun with a safety pin.
Take fishing line and cut a piece to tie onto the fishhook and add the sinker/weight & bobber (if you have one). Then poke the end of the line through the hole punched. Turn the card over and secure the line with a drop of hot glue on the back so that the line hangs down the front of the card with the hook over the blue card stock.
Optional: Add a small magnet to the back of the card.