Here are some suggestions offered to help guide you in your hour of prayer. If you’d like to pray for participants and team by name go to your community’s website and print off a copy of the list of names of those attending the weekend. These suggestions have been adapted from guidelines used in Via de Cristo and Great Banquet communities and don’t have to be strictly followed but are offered as guide to help as it is needed. The scripture provided is only suggestion, pray the Word as the Lord would lead.
- By selecting a time to focus on the Lord
- By selecting a quiet place comfortable for sitting or kneeling
- Have what you want with you like your prayer journal, team list, bible, songbook, etc.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to remove the cares and stresses of your day to help you to focus on Him
- Begin to invite the Holy Spirit’s presence through praise, confession and thanksgiving.
- Praise the Lord for His love and grace for you and those you love
- Praise Him for His forgiveness and the power of His Blood to cleanse and heal
- Praise the Lord for His goodness, His love and His Sovereignty over the weekend
Make Confession of sin ~
Mark 11:25 “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone forgive him, so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you of your sins”
Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any hidden hurts, resentments, bitterness, rebellion, or attitudes that can block the flow of the Holy Spirit in your life. Confess these to the Lord and ask Him to renew a right spirit within you.
Give Thanks to the Lord ~
Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God shall guard your hearts and minds.”
- Thank God for His grace exhibited during the weekend.
- Thank God for the Holy Spirit that is at work in the lives of the participants drawing them closer to Christ.
- Thank God for the team members and their sacrifice for the weekend.
- Thank God for the prayer vigil volunteers and for their willingness to be used by God in prayer.
- Thank God for your community, sponsors, and 4th day Reunion groups providing the palanca and agape gifts. Speak blessing over them.
- Thank God for the Spiritual Directors and the grace of the Holy Spirit in them.
- Thank God for (your personal or specific area of thanksgiving or other things related to the weekend.)
- Thank God for His grace and forgiveness
- Thank God for His Holy Spirit who is constantly at work during the weekend
Pray for the participants ~
Read and meditate on 1 Tim 2:1 and Matt 24:40
- Pray for each participant by name (See the list you printed before starting your hour)
- Pray the weekend verse
- Pray that the Lord would bless him/her.
- Pray that the Lord would speak to him/her in a personal way.
- Pray that the Lord would take away any cares or interference which would block him/her from hearing the messages.
- Pray for physical strength during the weekend.
- Pray for any health needs which exist.
- Pray for participant’s family, that they would handle with their absence during the weekend.
- Pray for all participant’s needs to be met.
- Pray the Lord would do a deep work of healing hearts and restoring relationships
- Pray that the supernatural power of God would accomplish things that only His grace can.
Pray for the Rollistas ~
Read and meditate on 1 Peter 4:10-11 and 1 Cor 16:13-14
- Pray for each Rollista and table leader by name.
- Pray the Rollista would show God’s love to the Weekenders.
- Pray the Rollista would be sensitive to the feelings and needs of their table mates and be led by wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray each Rollista would speak God’s message clearly and confidently.
- Pray for the Lord’s blessing be each Rollista the entire weekend
Pray for the Spiritual Directors ~
- Pray for each spiritual director by name.
- Pray for them leave the cares and concerns of their church or parish in the Lord’s hands over the weekend.
- Pray for those who are taking on their duties during the weekend.
- Pray for strength as they ministers to the participants and team members.
- Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to be strong in them.
- Pray for them to minister in wisdom through the power of the Holy Spirit in counseling
Pray for Rector, Leadership team, Kitchen team, Musicians and every other person involved in serving ~
Read and meditate on Ephesians 6:10
- Pray they are directly guided by Him and are blessed by Him in accordance with the extra responsibility they have been given.
- Pray they would be sensitive to the needs of every person on the weekend and respond accordingly.
- Pray for physical strength and wisdom.
- Pray for the kitchen teams physical strength, for them to be organized so meals go smoothly with no chaos or confusion.